Instagram is adding a new feature that will allow users to add interactive polls to comments on both feed posts and Reels clips. This feature is currently in testing with selected users, but is expected to be rolled out to all users soon.
To add a poll to a comment, users will simply need to tap the “+” button next to the comment field and select the “Poll” option. They will then be able to enter their poll question and up to two options for answers. Once the poll is created, it will appear as a sticker in the comment stream.
Other users will then be able to vote on the poll by tapping on their preferred option. The results of the poll will be displayed in real time, and users will be able to see who has voted on which option.
This new feature has the potential to be a great way for creators to engage with their audience and gather feedback. It can also be used to run contests and giveaways, or to start conversations about specific topics.
Here are some ideas for how creators and brands can use interactive polls in comments:
- Get feedback on new products or ideas. Ask your followers what they think of your new product or idea, or what they would like to see from you in the future.
- Run contests and giveaways. Create a poll to select a winner for a contest or giveaway. This is a great way to reward your followers and generate excitement around your brand.
- Start conversations about specific topics. Ask your followers open-ended questions about topics that are relevant to your audience. This is a great way to get to know your followers better and build a stronger community.
- Conduct market research. Ask your followers questions about their preferences and habits. This information can be used to improve your products and services, or to develop new ones.
Overall, the addition of interactive polls to comments is a welcome addition to Instagram. It is a new and engaging way for creators and brands to connect with their audience and gather feedback.
Here are some additional tips for using interactive polls in comments effectively:
- Ask clear and concise questions. Your poll question should be easy to understand and answer.
- Make sure your poll options are relevant to your audience. Choose options that you think your followers will be interested in.
- Promote your poll in your post or caption. Let your followers know that they can vote on your poll in the comments.
- Respond to your followers’ comments. Take the time to read and respond to your followers’ comments on your poll. This shows that you are interested in their feedback.
By following these tips, you can use interactive polls in comments to engage with your audience and gather valuable feedback.